Thursday, March 25, 2010

Aiko singing with Miku's voice

Today I was checking out the progress of Project Aiko. It is a pretty impressive fembot taking account that it is mostly built by one man. He has always been fascinated by robotics and anime. The major push came from watching Chobits.

Anyway in one old video posted to Project Aiko homepage I discovered that he has made Aiko sing and to my big surprise the voice was all familiar Hatsune Miku singing the opening theme of Record of Lodoss War Anime. I guess it was a live performance. In the future Aiko might use Vocaloids for primary speech synthesis, but the status of this development is not known.



Citing Le Trung "Aiko singing opening theme song from Record of Lodoss War Anime. I have tried integrating Vocaloid with the BRAINS software for the first time. It doesn't go as well as I have hoped (too much echo), but it's a start."

PS. And a warm welcome to our new follower :)

EDIT:
I got a reply from Le Trung. It seems it won't happen soon, but no need to bury the hope yet! Citing:
"I am still working on it slowly. Due to back to school.
Don't really have much time to work on Aiko."

No comments:

Post a Comment