Thursday, September 10, 2009

Unofficial Hatsune Mix manga

It arrived. I was very exited. It was Hatsune Mix manga, compiled from monthly releases under the same title by Comic Rush. I don't really know why it is "unofficial", but that doesn't really matter. Here it is, on my desk, waiting to be read.



I find it very interesting piece of work since it is made by the same illustrator KEI who made the original Miku design. The manga is written in Japanese, but it has furigana as reading aid. So I find it suitable for Miku fans learning Japanese, like me :)

The manga itself consists of 8 unrelated stories. Each one is a bit twisted on its own way. I don't agree with everything written here, but it pretty much describes what to expect.

It is also available for online reading, but that is not exactly the same. In my printed version there are two chapters missing: "01. Abandoned Mix" and "06. Wandering Mix". That was unexpected and a bit disturbing. A small relief is that all 16 wonderful color pages are not bloated with texts.

Getting my hand on this one was a bit tricky here. I found that the cheapest way to order it was from Amazon.co.jp here. Still the shipping to here in Estonia was a beefy ¥ 3700 while the manga itself was only ¥700. That's about 500 EEK in our local currency

I take this manga to Animatsuri this weekend, so everyone interested, can read it in such a nice place as manga reading corner :)

I finish my post with one cinematic version of Abandoned Mix (that I didn't get):

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    You can't miss this masterpiece titled "Miku-Yon":
    http://nagimiso.nobody.jp/mikuyon_tmp.html

    This work (in fact three versions, web, self published issue (Dojin ed.) and officially published version) reminds me of Orson Scott Card's sad but beautiful novel "Unaccompanied sonata".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out Miku-Yon. It is hard to find works like these. I have read first 40 strips and find it very refreshing after following probably one of the most popular Miku comic strip in web: "Chibi MIku-san" http://carafuru.web.fc2.com/

    I haven't much got opportunity to just sit down and enjoy a book, but if I'll get a chance, I'll definitely take a look into "Unaccompanied sonata" and see what it is about.

    ReplyDelete