Thursday, December 17, 2009

IOSYS meets Miku

I just want to share this overwhelming energy you can find in some of this dōjin circle works. Originally these featured Touhou characters, but there are also a few Vocaloid remakes I know of. When I first discovered their flash animations I was enthralled by how well they can put animation and music together.

I won't embed the latest MMD cup video of "Overdrive" here even if it features the voice from Miku. Even if I like song better, I still find the video in the older version much more pleasing.



Ah, and I just can't get over that Miku stole the precious thing.



It is so nice to watch this side by side with original. Yes, I like Miku version better.




Along with MAD content, IOSYS has used voices of Miku other Vocaloids to make serious albums too. This should calm you down after those energy bombs.



Since this song is from an album they sell it is likely to be removed soon from Youtube. I made a light search and it is available in Amazon.co.jp in case you want to support the author.

To tell the truth, I don't quite like all the free content sharing because those who make it want to live too, but I can't help Youtube and such are strong medium for popularizing authors works. There is no easy and acceptable by everyone solution out there, so my effort will be sharing, but also trying to give credit to the author and when possible, also how you could support the artist when you wanted to. I guess that is a right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment