Thursday, March 11, 2010

Miku's Day live consert!

On 9th of March at Zepp Tokyo concert hall something special and heartwarming for all Miku fans happened. The most spectacular Vocaloid concert this far was held there called "39's Giving Day" ("39" like "sankyuu ...", like "Thanks Giving Day"). It featured a wide on stage transparent screen where Miku, Luka, Rin and Len sang some of their best known hits and not just hits, but many of those I like. Unlike some previous "live events", this time I wish I could be there.



Judging from the concert footage, over a thousand visitors attended and were very pleased with the show. The virtual stage was all for vocaloid, but the non-vocal part was performed in whole by live band as it seemed to me (I wonder who they were...) Even tho the sound quality is a quite poor it is not a waste of time to look at the video footage. I did get a concert feeling. They even faked the microphone too close to speakers feedback resonance :)

EDIT: As Sega is not interested in sharing the concert footage, it is eager to take down all the concert videos from Youtube. Unless they have plans to release the concert on DVD or Blue Ray, I don't understand their actions. But for introduction purposes I still try to keep some concert content in this playlist so that people far far away from Tokyo can get a bit of feeling what such a concert is. In good faith I believe that this does no harm.

The playlist has shrunk to the concert commercial, a small part of the concert and one interesting behind the scenes capture from one previous such event.



In case you're curious the official site is here (tho I guess it's not much useful any more).

EDIT: As I can see, Riho was also very interested in writing about this event. Honestly, I didn't know about that. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment